21.7.13

The Review: Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil

origins1

origins2

The secret to quality skin is a proper cleansing routine. Preferably doubling it up if you have applied anything waterproof or with skin protecting properties, like SPF. Besides my loved Clarins Extra Comfort Cleansing Cream I have started using this Origins Clean Energy Gentle Cleansing Oil. A moutful of words, as is usual with any Origins product. But with that jumble of words comes a great product that I want to tell you about. 

This deliciously scented oil melts off makeup when massaged onto the skin. It a gorgeous mix of non mineral oils of the likes of sunflower, olive, sesame and safflower that is lightweight and nom-comedogenic. It effectively removes makeup, dirt and pollution from your skin. 

I usually pump three times into my palm and then massage that all over my face. I wet my hands with a little tepid water and this turns the oil into a milky substance. After that I wipe my face with a damp washcloth, follow with a spritz of La Roche Posay Eau Thermale* and then continue with the rest of my cleansing and toning routine*. It leaves skin feeling clean and fresh but never dry or stripped. Perfect for my sensitive dehydrated skin. It is also perfect on its own in the morning. For I tend to shy away from a double cleanse in the AM due to extreme laziness. 

I was a little iffed about the product not coming with a pump. Origins sells the pumps at their counters seperately, for just a couple of bucks, but still, it makes the product that much nicer to use and way less messy. I really do recommend you use the pump with this, it makes life a lot easier. 

Using the product for a little over a month nearly every day and only a tiny bit has gone down. The 200ml bottle will last you a long time, and is worth the investment. 

If you are looking for a great pre-cleanse or morning cleanse product this Origins product is a great option. I know my skin is thanking me for it, for it has never been so soft and fresh. 

The origins cleansing oil is available at Origins counters and their webshops. 
A 200ml bottle will set you back €21,50/$24/£21

* Posts on products with an asterisk will be published soon

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24/7/13 14:37

    Ohhh. Great review! I really need to try this out ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete