21.12.13

The Makeup Bag: Birthday Edition

Birthday Makeup Bag 2

Birthday Makeup Bag 1

Although it might not be my actual birthday today, I am celebrating it with my family and friends. Tonight the house will be filled with merry folk indulging in cake and other treats that come with associated with birthday parties. It's a special one this year, as I am turning twenty-one. 

It's a little past four pm now and I have yet to decide what I am wearing tonight, but I have planned the makeup look I'll be rocking. I haven't been wearing a lot of heavy makeup for the last few months and I wasn't about to change that just because it's my birthday. I have picked a few products that will look lovely and last all night. My birthday makeup looks like this. 

My base comes in the form of the Diorskin Nude BB cream. I still have a teeny tiny bit left and I have been saving it for a special occasion. Like my birthday. This base is gorgeous and effortless and just makes my skin look perfect. Any little blemishes poking through it's light natural coverage will be dealt with by my favorite Bourjois concealer.

Some much needed glow and color is provided by two of my favorite makeup products. Mac Cream Color Base in the gorgeous shade Pearl and the uber pretty blush by &; Other Stories titled Voile Pink. I'm really digging brows at the moment and aiding me into acquiring my prefered brow look is the Smashbox Brow Tech To Go. A great dual ended product that has both a waxy formula to fill in the brow and a great clear brow gel on the other end to keep the hairs in place without making them crunchy.

For eyes I am keeping it simple but accentuated. A gorgeous feline flick with the L'Oreal super liner perfect slim. This felt tip eyeliner has the skinniest tip to get really precise application. This is the best for making the perfect cat eye, in my opinion. Then of course a good few squeezes of the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers to prep the lashes. To finish off the eyes I apply lashings of Chanel Le Volume de Chanel mascara, because to me this is just the best mascara on the market. It's super intense and black and it just keeps the curl and volume lasting all night long. Just what I need for my birthday party.

Because I am going to be talking, eating and drinking a lot I need a lip product that is easy and fuss free. The matte natural 'my lips but better'-shade from MAC entitled Please Me is the best option for me. The matte finish adds a little bit of interest while keeping the look very minimal. Right up my alley.

Those are the products that I will be using for my birthday makeup look. Do you go all out for your birthday or do you stay within your usual frame, like me? I'd really like to know. 

BLOGLOVIN'  |  TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment