14.1.15

The Best Dressed at the 2015 Golden Globe Awards

Best Dressed Golden Globes 2015 White

Best Dressed Golden Globes 2015 Colour and Suits

It's here! Admittedly, I'm not the biggest fan of the first month of the year. False resolutions, overcrowded gyms, stores filled with the leftovers from the party season.. Okay maybe the sales aren't that bad. But there is one thing about January that I love, the start of Awards season. Last weekend the Golden Globes happened, the kickoff for a few weekends where Hollywood pulls out all the stops and shows itself from its most glamorous side.

I'm a sucker for pretty dresses and I searched through all the pictures and came up with my eight favourite outfits worn last weekend at the 2015 Golden Globes.

1. Sienna Miller, she recently claimed she had lost her sense of style but this gorgeous boho dress paired with perfect messy waves surely proves different.
2. Reese Witherspoon, ooh shiney. This look just oozes old Hollywood glamour to me.
3. Rosamund Pike, the Gone Girl star wore an amazing white dress (are you beginning to see a theme here?) with lovely thin straps. I really like thin straps.
4.Anna Faris, this was the biggest shock to me. I'm not used to seeing her bringing her A game to the red carpet. But this gorgeous embroidered dress is perfect and she hit the nail on the head.

5. Emma Stone, I like breaking tradition and when Emma stepped out in this Lanvin outfit she definitely broke tradition. Although I do have to add that I probably would have loved it even more if she got rid of the ass-cape.
6. Leslie Mann, if you can rock yellow, do it. The shape and colour of this dress are spot on and I really liked how she paired her hair and makeup with this look.
7. Kelly Osbourne, my namesake has been doing so many awesome things with fashion. I love her slightly edgy style. Navy is one of my favourite shades and it goes lovely with her purple hair.
8. Lorde, Oh lord, I hated her makeup. There, I said it. To me that lipstick is all wrong. But boy do I love her clothing. A good blazer is always on point, paired with the bralet and the palazzo pant she really had the 'I'm an edgy pop star'-look down. But she should have just gone for a nude lip in my opinion.


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ugh me too, total girl crush on her. Although I wouldn't mind her boyfriend either..

      Delete
  2. Love what Emma Stone apart from the 'ass-cape' too (brilliant name for it btw!) Also love Reese Witherspoon's outfit - you can't go wrong with an old Hollywood-style dress! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? The ass-cape is just a little too much and Reese always looks like such a sweetheart.

      Delete